While a woman is pregnant her body undergoes numerous changes physically as well as physiologically and spiritually. The physical changes can cause stress and or discomfort to the mother. Massage is a wonderful way to help alleviate many of these discomforts, as well as promotes a sense of well-being.
Massage during pregnancy focuses on the special physical needs of the mom-to-be. Pregnancy Massage has been shown to:
- Improve your mood
- Help reduce stress and anxiety
- Relieve muscle aches and stiffness
- Improve blood circulation which brings more oxygen and nutrients to the cells of both you and your baby. This means greater vitality and less fatigue for you and better nourishment for your baby.
- Assist in reducing fluid retention
- Enhance the health and nourishment of skin
- Reduce painful headaches
- Reduce sinus congestion
- Help to lower blood pressure