Deep tissue massage is similar to Swedish massage but is used to target knots and release chronic muscle tension. We focus on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons, and fascia (the protective layer surrounding muscles, bones and joints).
The more intense movements and techniques such as deep finger pressure may be slightly uncomfortable and cause soreness but should never be painful.
We always respect your pain tolerance levels, and we will work together to find a level of pressure that is comfortable for you.
The benefits of Deep Tissue Massage include:
- release of tension and stiffness from muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints and fascia
- pain relief
- pain management
- increased flexibility and suppleness
- breaks down old scar tissue and adhesions
- improved mobility, posture and physical performance
- faster, more efficient recovery from injury and surgery